When camping, you never want to forget the essentials; a tent, warm clothing, food, water, and of course, a sleeping bag. While most people enjoy camping out in the warmer months, many still love winter camping. In this case, you will want a liner for your sleeping bag for those cold nights.
Using Sea to Summit sleeping bag liners ensures that you stay warm in your sleeping bag with that extra bit of material. Liners can be an important part of how you sleep in your tent. Whether you want to have some extra warmth or just keep your sleeping bag clean, Sea to Summit sleeping bag liners will do the trick.
With Sea to Summit, you have a choice of liners, such as ones that adapt to humidity and extreme temperatures. Some are fleece lined. The list goes on. Here, we will discuss some of the features of these sleeping bag liners and give you several reviews so you can choose which liner matches your circumstance.
Features to Consider Before Making the Purchase
Consider the many features of sleeping bag liners before you go choose one randomly. You will first have to choose if you want either:
- A Mummy Shaped Liner: These are made to slide directly into your sleeping bag. It will keep your sleeping bag clean from dirt and oils.
- Rectangular Shaped Liner: These are made for using by themselves or inside of a sleeping bag. These are also meant to keep you separated from your bedding if you are ever in a place that is not very clean. Using a liner can be the difference from getting bit by bed bugs or staying safe.
Types of Sleeping Bag Liner Fabrics
- Silk: Silk is very light in weight and easy to compact in your backpack. It will keep you insulated, but it is also breathable and good in warm weather. The price range can be anywhere from moderate to pretty expensive.
- Cotton: Cotton is known for being a strong material as well as absorbent and it lasts a long time. While it is not that light or compact, it is priced just right.
- Fleece: Fleece and micro fleece are up to 12 degrees Fahrenheit warmer than other materials, and are considerably heavier. They are also very soft, wick off moisture and dry fast. Some of the fleece liners are bulky, but the price is not too bad for this material.
- Synthetic: Synthetic materials, for the CoolMax liners, wick away moisture, can breathe easier than other materials, and is great for humid weather. With a moderate price range, it is definitely worth a look.
- Insulated: Insulated materials, for the Thermolite liners, can add up to 25 degrees Fahrenheit more of warmth, so this is good for extremely cold weather. Inside is a hollow core fiber insulation, which allows you to stay warm, plus it will dry faster than other materials. You can find these moderately priced, but some insulated liners will be expensive.
- Warmth: Consider the weather in the area in which you are camping. What season is it? You do not want to be too cold or too warm. However, if you are too warm, you can always take off layers of clothing in order to cool off. If the weather is humid, consider a liner that is climate controlled.
- Breathability: If you are someone who needs their materials to breathe, consider a cotton or silk material over something synthetic or insulated.
- Drying Speed: Some materials dry faster than others. So if this is an important factor for you, consider cotton over fleece, for example.
- Durability: While most liners are made to take a beating, some fabrics do last longer than others. If durability is an important factor for you, look for liners with materials that are made to last.
- Comfort: Some fabrics are more comfortable than others. Some people prefer the feeling of cotton or fleece over silk. This one is all about personal preference.
Top Product Reviews
Below are some of the most notable Sea to Summit sleeping bag liners and their specifications. Feel free to do research to find the best Sea to Summit liner for you.
Sea to Summit Reactor Extreme Thermolite Liner
Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 inches folded, 84 x 36 inches unfolded
Size: One size
Features: This liner is mummy shaped with a draw cord and mini cord lock included. Includes its own sack for storage.
The Sea to Summit Reactor Extreme Thermolite Liner will keep you up to 25 degrees warmer due to its insulation with its Thermolite fabric. This hollow core fiber will keep you warm while the fabric remains lightweight and breathable.
Sea to Summit Reactor Thermolite Liner
Dimensions: 35.43 x 82.68 inches unfolded
Size: One size
Features: This liner features all polyester and is light in weight and easy to pack. It will add up to 15 degrees of warmness while you are inside of the bag. It is mummy shaped and includes a cord hood and mini cord lock.
The Sea to Summit Reactor Thermolite Sleeping Bag Liner is best used in extremely cold weather. It can also be used by itself to keep you warm on cool nights. It is also perfect for keeping your sleeping bag free of debris, and is easy to wash.
Sea to Summit Reactor Plus Compact Thermolite Liner
Dimensions: 72 x 36 inches unfolded
Size: One size
Features: This sleeping bag liner is a dual fabric liner, which guarantees warmth. There is Thermolite in areas of this liner, and it is compact, includes a storage sack, and is not bulky in your backpack.
The Sea to Summit Reactor Plus Compact Thermolite Mummy Liner will increase warmth upwards of 20 degrees. With Thermolite in the foot and chest areas, you are sure to gain extra warmth In your sleeping bag. The new compact design ensures it only takes up as much space as it needs inside of your backpack.
Sea to Summit Adaptor CoolMax Liner
Dimensions: 84 x 36 inches unfolded
Size: One size
Features: The important features includes moisture wicking, the ability to use this liner by itself on warmer nights, or with your sleeping bag on colder nights. The fabric is stretchy, comfortable, and easy to clean but not machine washable.
The Sea to Summit Adaptor CoolMax Sleeping Bag Liner is made with a climate controlled liner that works in nearly all conditions, especially humid weather. Made from CoolMax, you are sure to notice the lack of moisture within your sleeping area even if the weather is humid outside. This will ensure you sleep more comfortably.
Sea to Summit CoolMax Adaptor Liner with Insect Shield
Dimensions: 84 x 36 inches
Size: One size
Features: This liner wicks away moisture to keep you comfortable at night. It can be used by itself or with the sleeping bag. The CoolMax Adaptor will allow your liner to adapt to temperatures and humid weather. The fabric is stretchy and is easy to clean off, but not machine washable.
The Sea to Summit CoolMax Adaptor Liner with Insect Shield uses CoolMax, which makes your liner climate controlled. This works to keep you warm and control the humidity. Inside is a built in protection that is odorless that will deter bugs and other insects. The insect shield will never wash away, and will be there for the duration of the liner’s life. You can use the liner by itself to sleep when the weather is warmer.
Sea to Summit Thermolite Reactor Fleece Liner
Dimensions: .5 x 28 x 78 inches
Size: One size
This liner features 100 percent polyester with a quarter zip included for ease. This product is smaller than other liners, but is warmer and can be easily cleaned from dirt and other debris.
The Sea to Summit Thermolite Reactor Fleece Liner is known as the warmest liner in the Reactor line. It is used in addition to your sleeping bag on cold nights, or by itself on cool nights. Fleece is a bit bulkier but will still fit in your backpack with ease. A brushed finish provides a more comfortable night’s sleep.
Sea to Summit CoolMax Adaptor Traveler Liner
Dimensions: 7.5 x 3 feet
Size: One size
Features: The main feature of this liner is the traveler insert pillow that will keep your head propped and comfortable. It will wick away moisture and is made of a stretchy fabric. It can be washed in a washing machine and dries fast. You can also get this with Insect Shield, which repels bugs, mosquitoes, flies and more with an odorless layer of protection.
The Sea to Summit CoolMax Adaptor Traveler Liner includes a pillow for your comfort and fabrics that will keep you comfortable when temperatures change and the weather gets humid. This product is light in weight and easy to pack with your gear.
Sea to Summit Expander Travel Liner
Dimensions: 7 x 5 x 1 feet
Size: One size
Features: This liner features a cotton, polyester, rib, knit fabric mix and is stretchy, expanding up to twice the width. It is very comfortable ad has anti microbial protections to keep your sleeping bag liner fresh and clean, and free of odors.
The Sea to Summit Expander Travel Liner has reinforced seams and is double folded and easy to pack along with your fear. Warmer than cotton, you will also be free of odors because of the layer of protection if microbes. The anti microbial layer will never wash out, plus the liner is simple to clean.
Wrapping it up
As you can tell, using a Sea to Summit sleeping bag liner, you are not only able to keep in extra warmth, but you can keep out dirt and debris from getting into your sleeping bag. These liners are easy to clean than your sleeping bag and pack up easily in your backpack. The best part is that some of them can be used in any weather, by themselves or with your sleeping bag. Having a sleeping bag liner is definitely worth the investment so that you can enjoy winter camping!
What do you think of our list? Did we miss any other Sea to Summit liners that should have been mentioned? Leave us a comment and let us know what is on your mind!
The CoolMax Adaptor Liner with Insect Shield is an absolute must-have for all seasons! I’ve taken it out in humid summer weather and stayed mostly dry while my friends had to hang their bags up to dry from all their sweat! My favorite feature is the insect shield, it just adds that little bit of comfort knowing that bugs can’t reach me.
We do love that liner!
I like the sound of the CoolMax Adaptor Traveler Liner since it comes with a built-in pillow. Reading Taylor’s comment really convinces me to spring for the insect shield, it sounds like an important feature to have. This has been a great list for a first-time liner shopper.